Saturday, August 13, 2011

Words and Music.

She tells me that I am strong,
and that she envys my life.
I almost laugh. I envy hers.


He tells me that he feels that it could be too late.
All he has left is wonder and regret. I pray for him a lot.
Hope he can learn to see the sun again.


She tells me that I am brave.
I am. She doesn't see my quiet corners though. I don't like them.
Keep looking there, and every time I turn around, I don't see what I'm hoping to.
It's almost like I'm waiting for something.


She tells me that she has to prepare herself to be strong to get through the upcoming days,
With loved ones that can offer no love.
She makes me sad. She's worth more than this.


He tells me that he smiles a lot, and almost never means it.
It's easier.
Likes being social too much not to fake it.
He's right about one thing.
He never means it.


She feels that it's easier to forget. Just start over.
Most of the time she's convinced herself that she has.
I almost believe it.
Those moments where you can't always occupy your time are the worst, though.
There are questions there.


He tells me about his future,
one that glitters and sparkles with possibility.
It will be beautiful.
I love them both.
He is incredibly intelligent and at times painfully naive.
Reminds me of myself.
She is classic beauty and brains, and utter empathy.
I love to bask in the warmth of their company.


They tell me about many things in their day to day lives.
They are a family of faith and frailty, strength and combined purpose.
Hope and hysterics.
Nurturing and helping.
They define what love is to me.


Soon I will be heading back to old and familiar places.
I know me.
At times I will be like smoke,
Visibile, viable, but
Impossible to contain.
I look forward to children's laughter and feeling the light of my loved ones shine in my eyes.
These are always sacred things. Good things. Things worth waging a war to protect.
For a while I will have substance again, a corporeal form to touch and hug. And to laugh with.
We'll share stories and music.
Then I'll fade and drift back into the ether.


I don't even know if that makes any sense.
But it's honest.


This is why she tells me I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment