Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Up in the ether...

So many changes occurring, sometimes it feels like it is all happening too quickly to keep up.


You move to a beautiful new city full of life and opportunity, and yet you can't help but remember what has been left behind. Family, the closest of friends, your heart..


Yet, in these trying times there are many wonderful little things to be found. New venues, new faces, new music that you didn't ever know you could write. There is a lot of music that I'm writing, and inspiration to be found in the most interesting of places. This place I think can be a battleground of the heart, but in truth wherever I finally end up can probably be given the same title.


Seattle is truly a city of wonder and delight, and a lot of the outlying areas have entranced me as well. There are good people here that I've encountered and have yet to meet, and so many hopes/dreams/ideas that people from all over have come here to pursue. In a lot of ways it seems to be a testing ground for those who put it all on the line (like myself) to see if those most beautiful of dreams can in fact come true.


I was asked if I will ever return to my hometown. The truth is, I don't know. As I am now, I can't. I have pretty different eyes these days, and a heart full of hope and support from those that love me back there. In some ways I have them with me in the closest of ways, and sometimes those good memories are much better than what would be a bitter present.


But, there's always hope, and I'm in a place where hope is not only possible, but encouraged. Good people. Idyllic setting. ...and a lot of time to think about things, and write a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment